App development is a very vast field. Everyday developers come up with new ideas to build new apps. However, they don’t stop there, whenever an Operating System is updated, their work starts again. App developers today are stacked up with AI-Infused technology. Building any kind of app is like a challenging game for the developers, and they ace it in 99% of cases. If you are new to this app development field and find it difficult to find an idea for you knew app, then you must focus on the new features of the recent Operating System that you cater to.
Although, we have amazing iOS and android systems the company changes the OS over time, which creates a bit of difficulty for the developers. In this case, the developers have to update their apps as well to make them compatible with the new updated version of the OS. Therefore, as the new Android update has arrived, the developers are starting to get in action to make their apps compatible with the newest version. If you are a developer and need to know:
- Why is it important to make the app compatible with the new OS
- How To Update Apps For Better Compatibility With Android 10
- What outcomes does the app update provide?
Then you must read through and we will help you get the best solutions to make your app compatible with Android 10. So let’s begin.
Why Is It Important To Make The App Compatible With New OS
The android system is a periodical updated system, which means it is updated now and then. However, when an app is developed, it comprises the features and functions that are compatible with the device and its features. However, when a new version of the OS arrives with more options, the old app starts to misbehave in different ways. Such as:
- The functions of the app may not work properly
- The functionality of the app in terms of speed and performance may be affected
- The app might not be able to support the new features
- Users may experience glitches within the app
Not just these but there are many more issues that can arise when an app is not updated for the newest version of the OS. In this scenario, the app becomes less efficient or useless for users. If the situation remains the same, the user might feel to switch the app or service.
Moreover, two main reasons to update the app to make it compatible with the newest version of the OS are:
- The app needs to functions with the newly introduced features
- The speed of the app needs to be boosted as the speed of the OS improves
- Necessary fixes to make the app fully functional with its old and the newly added features
According to a famous application development agency Australia, new features are seen as necessary innovations. Therefore, the app must be updated to function smoothly and to retain the users. This is why it is essential to update the apps as soon as the new version is introduced.
How To Update Apps For Better Compatibility With Android 10
App updates now and then. Not just to add new features but to make them compatible with the new features of Operating systems and the devices. According to sources, it has been found that even Amazon and Walmart have eventually updated their apps around 25 times and have earned a great response from their users. Therefore, you must know the right way to update your app. Here are some tips to help you update your app for better compatibility with the new Operating System and devices.
How To Update The App
This is the best part for any developer as it brings more challenges for the developers. Here is what you can do to update your app for the new version of the android.
- You need to update the android studio for the current version
- Update the configurations of the app.
- Keep an emulator to run the Android version.
- Test the app from the beginning.
- See what new improvements are needed.
- Detect the issues or glitches in the app.
- Check how the app behaves with the Android system.
- Make the required architectural changes.
- Changes should support the newly introduced features of Android.
- Check the changelogs in your app.
- Test and review the apps on multiple devices.
- Ensure that the app works smoothly.
- Ensure that the app would work on all the devices properly.
- Add new features to the app if you find the capacity to do so.
- Update your application to a new SDK.
According to the experts, these changes are necessary for the new versions. Nevertheless, in most cases, the app remains functional and does not cause any dramatic changes. The old versions of the app remain supported with some slight glitches. Therefore, you must change the functions but there is no need to change the interface, design, and app maps. Everything can remain the same but it is essential to make it work smoothly.
What Outcomes Does The App Update Provide
Many people might not know this but app updates are very essential for any business. Keeping your software updates benefits the business in many ways. If you generate all your revenue from your app, then it becomes crucial for you to establish it in the best way. As more and more businesses are coming forth with new apps every day, apps are becoming more functional and user-friendly for the people.
Here are some of the most prominent benefits of updating your app and making it compatible with the devices and operating systems.
- Swift workflow
- Smooth functionality
- Increased revenue
- Increased Traffic on the app
- Loyal customers
- Customer satisfaction
- User-friendly interface
- Market competitive platform
- AI-Infused structure for better performance
- A better change in the design
- Easy bug fixes
- Better solutions for the customers
Apps play a major part in society today. Our lives are mostly associated with a plethora of apps for different purposes. If you see we use an app for almost everything we do. However, this regular reliance on apps is mainly because the app is smooth and running proficiently. Whenever we find an app that doesn’t help us properly, we would not use it. The same is the case when an app is not compatible with the OS we will face difficulty and leave the app eventually. Therefore, a developer must check the app’s performance with the new Operating System and make necessary changes(updates) whenever needed. This is extremely important to retain the users(customers).