Before exploring email marketing trends for your branding in 20021, you need to consider how the pandemic has changed its landscape, both positively and perpetually. Just like social media has undergone paradigm shift in 2020, email marketing has also undergone a fast transformation.
- As Covid-19 continues effectuating huge changes in consumer-to-business dynamics and the purchasing patterns, email marketers are adapting new strategies in inspiring and innovative ways.
- The Covid-19 recovery landscape entails a K shape, which is funneling email marketing for brands at the moment. The pandemic continues impacting budgets and marketing directives for businesses in every industry and of all sizes.
- The sectors to consider are art and entertainment, food and accommodation services, educational services, warehousing and transportation, manufacturing, and whole trade, and quarrying, mining, and gas and oil extraction. The other sectors are administrative and support, finance and insurance, utilities, retail trade, construction, and real estate, leasing and rental.
- The other sectors are information services, social and healthcare services, and professional, technical and scientific services. Presaging this data as backdrop, you cannot have a cookie cutter approach to email marketing.
With all the innovative tools and solutions around us, your main focus should be on personalization through the digital marketing panorama with AI.
The coming year will see a 20% rise in personalized subject content and lines. There are campaign monitors to measure the growth. Personalized emails get six times more transaction rates. Just remember that adding the recipient’s name in the email copy and subject line won’t suffice.
- Hyper-personalization of content is the new roadway because consumers want only relevant information.
- They want to feel that your post only caters to them. You can start personalizing your content by creating dynamic content and segmentation.
- It applies to your social media network as well. There are tools to know what somebody likes on Instagram.
You can also know the preferences of your customers/clients through these tools. segmenting your email list is the process to group your email subscribers into compact batches on the basis of a criteria.
- It could include your interests, purchase history, location, behavior, and other things. Email marketers can use these segments for tailoring content to each segment. The era of mass messaging is long gone.
- If you have dynamic content in your email marketing service, you can get an easier process.
- Dynamic and seamless email content implies personalized marketing, which changes in compliance with your consumer segments. Simply add variables to your email list to segment it later.
Improving your business
Recent surveys show different ways in which marketers personalize their business. 76% are tailoring promotions or messaging through customer segment. 55% bank on content or product recommendations through customer segment.
This is the same modality in Instagram, where you can measure your brand performance through audience engagement and interactions. Personalized email marketing mails generate 122% of return on investment on average.
- Personalized subject lines can potentially cause a 50% rise in open rates. Marketers need to know that consumers expect businesses to know them.
- They act promptly after receiving inconsistent, irrelevant mistargeted emails. More than 94% of customers take swift decisions.
- At least 70% automatically delete mails. 55% unsubscribe from the mailing list. 46% categorize those mails as spam or junk. 30% are less likely to purchase products. 14% reduce their website visits and 11% consumers never visit those sites again.
- Automated email directives and journeys are the way. Email marketers are using automation for seamlessly integrating personalization and segmenting into their email endeavors.
- Brands send triggered emails to consumers based on their purchasing pattern or market behavior. It helps in acquisition of a new segment and transforming potential consumers into loyal advocates for your brand.
Statistics and Personalization
Premier market surveys show an overwhelming rise of 30% in the number of emails brands send to their consumers. It’s a huge transition from the pre-pandemic era. It has also caused a corresponding surface in the engagement of email newsletters.
There’s no denying that email marketing increases customer engagement, brand loyalty, and ROI. That’s why social media influencers and brands on Instagram need to leverage the tools to increase their follower count and tap new audiences. The latest statistics are quite impressive.
- Segmented campaigns have led to 780% increase in ROI.
- 81% of marketers affirm a spike in email engagement in the last one year.
- More than 35% of B2B brands report that email newsletters are instrumental in nurturing leads.
- Over 82% of business professionals/associates agree that it increases customer retention.
- More than 60% respondents report that marketing emails influenced their purchasing decisions. Brands on Instagram can consider this and send mails to your followers.
- Around 62% of marketers reiterate that email is their most consistent and important source of ROI.
- For every $1 you spend on email marketing, it generates a jaw-dropping $32 in revenue.
- Emails entail higher conversion rates in comparison with direct traffic and social media.
Look out for AI
Artificial intelligence may apparently scare or rattle any marketer/brand if you don’t have experience in the field. But AI is a tool you use to automate multiple processes at one time.
- AI encompasses the type of post or content you need to provide to a specific person or group. It also underlines the right time to do so.
- Artificial Intelligence ensures that you do marketing at the right time and your strategies cater to the right cluster of people.
- AI also provides multiple solutions for completing the transition of traditional processes into the latest ones. It also transforms the most advanced segmentations in a timely manner.
- It helps marketers to easily provide you with what you want. With AI, brands can know what their customers are looking for.
- It does help email marketers to reduce the costs. It eventually increases ROI.
It’s essential to keep the new generation in mind before working on your digital marketing strategies. Your young followers spend lots of time on the digital calendar every year. Most of new generation folks have mastered the internet and spend 10 hours per day on social day. For most brands, this is the target audience.