According to Tim Berners-Lee, “Data is a precious thing and will last longer than the systems themselves”. This statement explains why most companies are turning towards hybrid mobile applications from websites. These web applications merge Java and HTML5 technologies together in a Native container.
Here’s a list of the 10 best frameworks that will enable you to develop Hybrid applications in the best possible manner.
#1. React Native
However, there are several free online tutorials to know the ins and outs of using it both at the basic and advanced levels. You can find useful information about how to use this framework in these tutorials. Also, you can reach out to its active community for technical help or assistance in connection with using the framework.
- Offers several helpful tools to expedite and automate the development of applications
- It is compatible with the codes of other native platforms.
- Detects the errors on its own
- Allows the utilization of the hot deployment feature using which you can make changes to the app when it is running on the server
- Difficult to navigate
- It is prone to showing up hardware compatibility issues
Ever since its inception, Xamarin has been growing in popularity. Currently, it has become one of the popular frameworks for the development of Hybrid mobile applications. More and more companies are gravitating towards it as it provides an easy option for companies to test the applications.
It operates on the write once, run anytime principle. It has become the hot favorite option for professionals owing to its ability to allow the codes to be reused. Hybrid App Developers who work with this framework can use 70% of the codes once again between the Android and iOS platforms. This way it saves the precious time of developers by cutting down their workload.
- Its codes can be used all over again between Android and iOS platforms.
- It is simple and easy to run tests on this framework.
- It maintains the same level of performance as that of Native mobile applications.
- It is supported by Microsoft with all the latest tools.
- The applications built on this framework are difficult to integrate.
- It is expensive in comparison to the other frameworks that are available for use.
- It offers exclusive support for the components in its own library.
The Ionic platform involves CSS and needs the collaboration of other platforms such as Angular JS to perform up to the expectations. However, the combination of both these platforms can work wonders in boosting productivity.
One of the major advantages of employing this framework is that it cuts down your effort for taking additional actions. You can rely on this framework to develop applications when you do not have a lot of time to invest in a project. If you have been looking for a reliable framework to create extraordinary mobile apps, then this is the right choice for the purpose.
- It uses trustworthy programming language and is therefore a reliable option for the development of mobile applications.
- The Ionic framework facilitates the quick development of applications, especially in situations wherein developers do not have a lot of time in hand.
- It makes the creation or development of complex applications simple and easy in collaboration with AngularJS.
- Unlike other frameworks, it does not have a sufficient number of application navigation options.
- Its performance is quite lesser in comparison to that of Native applications.
#4. Onsen UI
Being an open source application for the development of mobile applications makes Onsen UI the frontrunner among the top frameworks for the development of Hybrid mobile apps. Unlike its other alternatives, it does not necessitate the use of AngularJS during the developmental phase of applications.
Using this framework is easy for both beginners and pros alike as its documentation explains the ins and outs of how to use it with several examples.
- It is easy to use and is compatible with both Angular JS and jQuery.
- Being an open-source framework, it is available free of cost.
- It is a feature-rich framework, meaning that users can expect it to offer a wide range of features to meet their expectations.
- It does not favor a quick upgrade of templates as this task takes a lot of time in the case of this framework.
- After creating your template using this framework, you may not find them in the common repositories, including that of GitHub.
#5. Mobile Angular UI
Developers who prefer to use either Angularjs or Bootstrap in the development of Hybrid mobile applications prefer this framework. Another reason for which it takes precedence over the other options is its independent nature from the use of extensions and libraries of other sources.
- It is absolutely free of cost and as a result, it is suitable for all developers who look for a cost-effective option for the development of mobile applications.
- The technical issues of Bootstrap may give developers a hard time, especially if they do not know how to resolve its technical issues.
Developers value Framework7 highly for being an independent framework and its stable performance. It neither depends on Angular JS or React. Still, it has the best styling and animation components to help you create mobile applications with the appearance of Native apps.
- This framework is easy to customize on the part of the developers.
- You do not need external platforms such as Angular JS and React for the development of mobile applications using this framework.
- It is easy to develop mobile applications with a wide range of features by using its UI widgets.
- It does not support all mobile platforms.
- It necessitates the use of the F7 MVC framework on the part of developers to develop their mobile applications.
- You need to use this framework in conjunction with either Cordova or PhoneGap for package emulation.
#7. jQuery Mobile
jQuery Mobile is one of those frameworks that work on different platform-specific environments without losing its actual attributes. The best part about this framework is that it meets the expectations of developers without adopting a native appearance.
- It consists of well-structured menus that are easy to view and use.
- Developers do not need to work hard while trying to create app elements with a touch of variety.
- This framework has the outstanding ability to adapt to the properties of various devices, meaning that you can operate it on multiple devices in a hassle-free way.
- It is packed with addons due to which developers do not need to work hard while building custom themes.
- It may not be the best option for complex projects as it may not cope well with the requirements of such projects.
- The .NET interaction with the use of this framework is somewhat more complicated in comparison to that of the other alternatives to it.
#8. Intel XDK
For developers who need a reliable mobile application development framework for multiple stores, there is no better option than Intel XDK. One of the highlights of this framework is its support for the development of cross-platform applications.
- It comes with new releases and additional features with support to Android, iOS, and Windows platforms.
- The live preview option of this framework is of great help to developers. It allows them to correct all the possible technical flaws in the developmental stage.
- It offers a wide catalog of features to developers for the development of applications.
- The drag and drop option leads to several codes that may not be necessary.
Ever since its inception in 2019, the Flutter framework has been doing rounds in the app development circles for its impressive features. Despite not being a new framework for the development of mobile applications, it has been able to grab the attention of developers.
One of the major plus points of using this framework is its support for all operational systems along with its customization features. What’s more, it is open-source. As such, developers can employ it for the development of applications without being worried about the price factor.
- It consists of all the requisite features in a single package for the development of mobile applications.
- It offers developers the luxury to choose widgets, thereby favoring easy customization.
- Flutter is compatible with a wide range of operational systems.
- It is based on open-source technology and brings in the necessary updates from time to time.
- It allows the development of only those applications that are either 4 MB or above in
- It does not offer free advanced tools.
- It may not be the best option among frameworks in terms of its ability to get used to the changes in the operational systems.
#10. Sencha Touch
However, it is expensive in comparison to the other available options for the development of applications. That said, it brings the wealth of mobile app templates in a ready-to-use mode.
- Apps developed with this framework get a Native app-like appearance and feel.
- It brings a wealth of widgets to the table for Windows, Blackberry, Android, and iOS platforms.
- Though it offers several tools to developers, it also comes at a hefty price.
- It is useful only for enterprise application development, owing to its price factor.
To sum up, developers have several frameworks for the development of Hybrid mobile applications and for moving data from web to applications. A developer can make a choice based on the needs of a hybrid app development company. The alignment of the features of these apps with the needs of the latter is the sure-fire way to make an informed choice.