Graphic design lets you create attractive graphics for commercials, advertisements, posters, etc. And, the good news is, you don’t need to spend a lot of money on premium graphic designing software to get started. Many free graphic design software come with great features and tools that help you get the job done without having to break the bank.
Although there’s no substitute for premium Adobe Software, you can still have a graphic designing software that costs nothing, if you’re not ready for a premium subscription yet. Here are six of the best free graphic design software to date.
#1. FotoJet Designer (Windows And Mac)
FotoJet Designer is essential for beginners, because it provides many ready-made templates (including instant YouTube banners, customized invitations, personalized cards, well-designed magazine covers, etc.). The most unique thing about the software is that it gives users much freedom to design well and stress-free. And, when you’ve finished, you can share it directly to social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Tumblr).
- Choose from 900+ stylish templates to modify and to save
- 100% user-friendly: suitable for both novice and professional
- All-in-one design box with graphic texts, clip-arts and background themes included
- Easy-to-understand without a tutorial
- Layer management
- Multi-language: English, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese and Japanese
- Free and Pro (cost-effective) versions available
#2. Blender (Windows, Mac, Linux, And Steam)
Another open-source 3D graphic designing software, Blender has a wide range of tools, whether you use the free or paid version. Blender’s features include rendering, high-end production path tracer, video editing, phyton scripting, simulation, modelling, etc.
- 3D modelling, visual effects, sculpting and animations
- Skin Modifier
- Camera and Object Motion Tracking
- Masking capability
#3. Gravit Designer (Browser, Windows, macOS, Linux, And ChromeOS)
A full-featured vector design app from the makers of Corel Draw, Gravit Designer can do various design jobs, from screen, app and icon designs to presentations, illustration and animation. This software is packed with many tools for creating detailed and stunning vector imagery:
- non-destructive Booleans
- a knife tool and path graphs
- multiple fills and blending modes
- a powerful text engine
When you sign up for Gravit Designer Pro, you’ll automatically start with a free trial. When the trial is over, you have the choice of either continuing to Pro, or staying with the free version. Regardless, the free version is still excellent.
- Clean, intuitive, and adjustable interface
- Use online or download a copy to your computer
- Export projects as PDF, SVG or bitmap
- Save and access in the Gravit Cloud service whenever and wherever
#4. Vectr (Browser, Windows, Linux, And Chrome OS)
Looking for an inexpensive, but genuine, alternative to Adobe Illustrator CC? Then look to Vectr!
A free editor for creating 2D vector graphics, Vectr offers all the vector features you would expect. Plus, it provides a wealth of options for filters, shadows and fonts. This software is even versatile enough to handle day-to-day design tasks.
- Available as both a browser-based web app, and as a standalone desktop app
- Live collaboration lets people watch you design, create with you, or send feedback
#5. Lunacy (Windows)
Lunacy is a free graphic design software app that works offline; so, you don’t need to worry about connecting to the Internet to use the software. All “.sketch” files are supported on the app, making accessibility easy. Lunacy even comes with built-in design resources like icons, illustrations, and photos.
- Allows developer/designer collaboration, regardless of operating system
- Enables project shadow copy, which saves your design in case computer problems suddenly arise
#6. ArtStudio (iPhone, iPad, And Android)
Nowadays, you can do almost anything with mobile apps – graphic designing is no exception to this. Take, for example, ArtStudio.
ArtStudio supports users designing photos no matter where they are, or where they go, making this app ideal for travelling graphic designers, artists, etc. And, to some extent, it’s a great substitute for Photoshop on Apple mobile devices.
- Sketch graphics
- Draw and edit photos
- Up to 150+ brushes for all demands
- 40+ iPhone image filters
- 16 useful graphic tools
- Interface is easy to learn from
#7. Clip Studio Paint
Graphic designing may sound expensive at first glance; however, it doesn’t have to be. In this expensive tech-heavy field, you can still find the best software that’s free (or at least inexpensive) to meet your graphic designing needs. Any of the software listed will help you cover the basics of what you’ll need for your first or next project.