Plastic packaging has become the most important packaging in today’s world. We rely on plastic packaging in modern lives for so many reasons. The primary reason is that it is cost-effective, durable & water-resistant. Plus it also gives protection to the products inside it, preserves them & saves them from contamination.
Following are the benefits of plastic packaging.
Protection: High quality Packing Material protects the product from moisture, humidity, gases, microorganisms, light, temperature, insects, other damages & contamination.
Preservation: Plastic packaging preserves the products inside it for a way longer period of time. It eventually reduces wastes by letting people use the products for a longer period before the products turn bad.
Waste prevention: since the plastic packaging lets consumers consume the products inside it for a longer period, it doesn’t let the food or other products get spoiled. Plus, the packaging avoids product spillage that prevents the products from further waste.
Information display: Plastic packaging shows important information about the products, i.e., the nutritional contents, components, price & tax, where to contact, etc.
Helps in transportation: since plastic packaging saves from spillage, keeps the product safe for a longer period, it encourages the exportation of products for a long distance. And that eventually leads to an increase in trade.
Now, as we know the benefits of plastic packaging, we must move to the point why we need plastic packaging.
Plastic packaging helps not only the manufacturing units but also the sellers, middlemen, delivery logistics & consumers. It has many utilities apart from waste prevention, protection & preservation & helping in transportation. We will discuss why we need plastic packaging in our daily lives.
- Saves resources: plastic packages saves resources in such a way that it lessens the packaging mass, greenhouse gas emission & energy. If there were no plastic packaging, it would have taken a huge toll on the environment. It would take 2-3 times more resources to be produced the same amount of plastic packaging as we use today.
- Ensures safety: plastic packaging ensures safety. It is shatter-resistant, durable. It doesn’t break when these are dropped & knocked. Plastic packaging is useful in every environment, i.e., pool, beach, hiking, around children. So it is useful for every vulnerable atmosphere.
- Hygiene: plastic keeps the products inside free from contamination, leakage. Plastic packaging is essential for medical packaging & food packaging. This packaging needs to be filled & sealed hygienically. Such packaging also needs to refrain from human intervention. Such as sterile syringes & edible products.
- Lightweight: plastic packaging is less in weight, which doesn’t require a huge space or huge load on anything. So it is a better option for traveling & transporting products on train & planes or trucks that require lower weight option. The packages take lesser space than other alternatives. This lighter weight also ensures lower emission for the transport options.
- Security: plastic packaging has many other utilities. The packaging can be shut or molded into any safety mechanism, or the packaging can be sealed as per the requirement of the customers, such as manufacturers can ensure childproof lock on medication.
- Durability: since plastic packaging is so durable, it can withstand any pressure or temperature that makes it durable for the long run. Also, the packaging is so thin that it requires very fewer resources & captures lesser space in the transport. That eventually lessen up the amount of transport requires to deliver to the doorstep of the customers.
- Versatility: plastic can be given any shape & size. It can be transformed in any way to give the desired look to the customers. The plastic packaging can be labeled as per the requirement of the company. The packaging can be blown or thermomould. It can even be injected. That signifies that it can be used to pack from pastes to sauces. The packaging is also available in colors & decorative effects can be done on them to give an eye-catchy look.
- Recyclable: the most unique feature of plastic packaging is that it can be recycled as many times as needed. The plastic packaging can be recycled to create new products which will eventually decrease the weight on the environment. the rate of recycling is increasing worldwide with time so that the environmental impact can be lessened.
Plastic packaging is an integral part of the packaging industry these days. As it has several benefits, the rate of use is increasing every day in the industry.