SAP S/4 HANA prepares the setting to adopt innovative ways leading to business transformation. The excellence of clouds known for the scalability, agility, immediacy, and user-friendliness or flexibility give the businesses the required confidence to move further into the path of innovation. The adoption of this cloud is happening at a higher pace, which is the sign of its acceptance by the businesses.
Main Phases of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Journey
If we look closely, the cloud journey from introduction to complete adoption goes through following four main phases:
- Free trials – Discover the Features and Be Comfortable With Them First
SAP S/4 HANA Cloud, though cost-effective, still comes with a price. The companies need to ensure that the cloud can work in consonance with existing infrastructure; they also need to find if the workforce can comfortably adapt to the cloud computing model. It is a well-known fact that transformation cannot happen in a day; neither should it take a lifetime. Trials help in knowing if the cloud and the organization are ready to work with one another; and that the adoption will not be a tough feat to conquer. Thus, the free trials adoption is the first step towards making SAP S/4 HANA a working tool of the coming times.
- SAP Activate – the Learning of Implementation Strategy
Adopting a framework for implementation is a workable strategy, and a wise one too. The framework offers a controlled kind of environment and guidance to ensure that users do not go haywire during the implementation schedule. Four main functions encompass the use of framework:
SAP Activate framework offers a ready-to-employ approach to follow. The adopters can carry out the implementation with a controlled strategy that teaches about necessary technology implementation procedures; it is also part of the preparation phase. The next comes exploration, where the users learn about the areas and methods of implementation. Then, the implication and impact study is done to find if the goals are realized as expected or not. Once satisfied with all parameters, the experts carry out the deployment part and make it as streamlined as possible.
- Transition to SAP S/4HANA
A company is ready to move into transition when the success parameters are understood and realized. For a cloud infrastructure, the success is measured in terms of productivity, agility, responsiveness, scalability, and most importantly, the practicality or feasibility. SAP functionalities that come with this cloud generate trusted tie-ups that form the start of a relationship between the customers and innovative solutions.
The success plans are designed as a proactive measure and extending professional services to give the necessary support to make the transition phase a happier phase for the adopters. While transitioning, the users need to ensure compliance with the best practices, which continuously enable seamless adoption.
- Completion of Integrations and Future Possibilities
SAP Digital Transformation framework is the practical and reliable support that allows customers to integrate seamlessly, and in a profit-oriented manner. The companies become more confident in their digital transformation strategy and try adopting more advanced modules as and when the comfort of use increases. In the implementation part, the SAP customers work following the use guidelines of a framework and go through processes like:
- Execution and Implementation – Digital strategy development and execution take the practical route. The processes like supply chain, production, logistics, customer service, HR go through digitization method. They realize and document the changes noticed and the problems faced.
- Business Process Optimization – Once the plus and minus points come out, the focus shifts to the optimization part. The process designers optimize the elements to become more receptive towards integration and ensure that the implementation goes as smoothly as possible without compromising quality, speed, and accuracy.
- Interaction With Other SAP Applications and Clouds: It is not just one cloud or application that the customers use. They may have a variety of applications or other SAP clouds on board; therefore, the seamless interaction with other existing elements in the process architecture paves the way for better utilization of SAP S/4 HANA.
The road ahead from here primarily comprises the ways to go deeper into the adoption of digitization. Relevance in the changing times and future-readiness are some of the moot points that experts need to ponder to make implementation a real success.